Monday, April 8, 2013

Chatt Hills April 2013

Well...Chatt Hills didn't exactly go as planned!

Heath was great! I actually love his ride over fences when he is jumping new jumps...it is totally different than at home. We put in an okay dressage test...not great but not horrible either. I remembered my test and I felt like all was going well, but I got a 41. I should have shortened my rains and raised his poll a bit, but all in all I felt it was a positive ride.

Heath's braid job!
XC was spectacular!!! He was excellent and I loved the ride. We were clean and fast, and I trotted the last two jumps because I had a lot of time to kill...Optimum was around 5 minutes, and I was at 3ish minutes with only those two elements left!

Water Complex at sunset

SJ...oh. Show jumping I consider my strong suit. Having shown hunters and jumpers for over 10 years, not much rattles me, especially at 2'6''....but yesterday was definitely a new one for me! Let's just say that I really hope there are pictures of the incident.

He jumped around quite well and up until fence 9 I was super pleased with our performance. At the second to last fence, I couldn't make up my mind about a distance, and decided to let him sort it out (sorry bud.) I should have put more leg on, and as I felt him take off, I got into 2-point. He was long and weak jumping the vertical, and started to rotate over it. Fortunately, he caught himself, but I was already on the neck. Upon landing, I held on for dear life, and he began to canter away, I momentarily thought I was going to be able to save it, but when he turned left around the corner, I started slipping under the neck, and let go before I was completely under him. I got a little stepped on, but no worse for the wear! Ready to get back in the game at Poplar Place in early May.

6 comments:

  1. What a shame! Sounds like you we're having a great go before that mishap. True even tee spirit. Rock on girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I'm glad you are okay. Better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Sounds like a goof, those happen. :/ Glad you weren't hurt badly though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super equestrian blog! Why not come and post it at Haynet an equine social blogging network for more to follow? Come and visit www.hay-net.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for the LIebster award! Check back to my next post for deets! Love the braids :)

    ReplyDelete