Monday, December 19, 2011

Looking Good

I drove down to Starkville on Saturday to check on Romeo, as I hadn't been out in almost 2 weeks! He hasn't been jumped really since his last failure of an event at the end of October. In fact, the last few times I rode him, I felt bad even asking him to trot, and when Betsy, my trainer, sat on him over Thanksgiving break, she completely agreed.

After a little help from the vet school, it appears that he is feeling almost back to new! I rode him yesterday very lightly since he is out of shape, but he felt much, much better. He bent to the left easier, and was tracking up well. Happy day! So back to work we go! I have so much to improve on, but I haven't been able to really do anything because he was so uncomfortable. We got rads of his hocks, and he has mild osteoarthritis in both grade 2/5, but it's more pronounced in the left. His left fetlock also flexed mildly positive, but rads showed nothing on that.


Here's my handsome man!
19 years young in 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment