Saturday, October 15, 2011

Meet Beezie

I totally forgot about the other woman in my life, besides my mother.

I came out to the barn on a rainy morning in July of 2009. All the dogs at our barn were playing, and I noticed a new dog in the group. I told the barn manager what the new dog's name was, and he didn't understand what I was saying. We both then figured out that she was a stray, and after the dogs quit playing, it took about 20 minutes to get her to come up to us.

She had recently had puppies it appeared and had missed a few meals. Knowing her so well now, I can assume that he had been by herself for a while because she is a very skilled hunter and can catch birds and can take down rather large animals. Her food choices are not for the faint of heart. She was covered in ticks, taking me 3 days to get them all off. Of course I called mom, and told her about the dog. First of...I didn't tell her she was at least part pittbull. She kind of brushed it off and said that if the dog was still at the barn the next day I could bring her home. (She now pretends that she never said such a thing...but I promise she did.)

Anyways, meet the Beez:
kind of creepy??

The next day, I came back out to the barn, holding my breath. I was pleased to see that she was sleeping on the driveway. She followed me around the barn and I fed her again After I rode and took care of John, I hopped in my car and opened the back door. She immediately jumped in and sat in the passenger seat like a human. She was ready to go and I'm pretty sure she knew she was going home.

After a few days, she still had no name. We went to the store, and the only collar I could find that looked really adorable on her had bumble bees on it. Therefore, she was named Beezie...after Beezie Madden of course.

Fast forward 2 years, and for the most part, she is the best barn dog and snuggle buddy. I have decided that she is Pitt x Hound because she brays a little and talks instead of bark (thank goodness).

Horse show dog in training :) Summer 2011
 I am sure you will hear a lot more about her. Unfortunately she lives with my parents right now because I can't have dogs at my apartment, but the plan is for her to live in Starkville next fall with me! She is a great traveling companion and the trip home almost every weekend shouldn't be an issue.
she hadn't quite grown into her ears yet :) Fall 2009


And to wrap this up in cuteness, I found this picture and I just love it and it makes me warm and fuzzy inside :) Not Beez but it reminds me of her.


7 comments:

  1. She's so cute! I love pitbull crosses, she sounds like a great dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you positive of her breeding? Those glass eyes and body shape are screaming Catahoula to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually love that first pic. It is like "so...what?"

    Very cute


    and Adore the last pic too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not positive. I know a lot of pitts have blue eyes and the big thick skull with those funky ears, so I just assumed she was part pit. I will google Catahoula! I'm very interested to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. She is adorable. I'm a sucker for big ears. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That for ebber home picture is ridiculously adorable. I could look at it all day.
    Your girl is precious... although I agree, that first pic is just a *little* creepy.

    ReplyDelete